View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-10, 08:05

Plan: low carb
Stats: 218/217/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 1%

i could have written these posts. i have been heavy all of my life, it seems, even when now I would give my right arm to be that "HEAVY".
I lost 65 pounds on Atkins in 2004 and had boyfriends for the first time since being divorced in 98. I looked great. However, I didn't notice that I looked way different physically, but the difference inside was showing outside.
My facial looks were the same, just a flatter tummy. But I felt so good about myself that it spilled out into major confidence in myself.
Now, I have put back on 20 of those pounds, about 5 a year, (I know, insidious, right?) but that is how it happens. It's harder now to lose weight, but here's the thing...I am still working so hard on it because I like liking ME. The attention is just a side effect, a fringe benefit, but the most important thing is that YOU look in the mirror and like what you see. It's a learning process, though, deflecting unwanted male attention but you do get better at it. And better at accepting the WANTED male attention from your BF or hubby.