View Single Post
  #1546   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-17, 17:29

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Trigger---Here's a thought for the kiddo on vacay instead of Wi-fi. Does she like to take pictures? If she took some at home, and then ran them off on paper and brought them w/her, there's a A LOT of artistic things you can do to pix w/markers and the kind of supplies she has. Plus she could take more pix to "posterize" while she's there. Throw in some scissors and she could work on some collages. All this could be done on a picnic table, outside in nature---and doesn't involve disappearing into a device.

Seems when you're outside and near water, in the RV, you're so stimulated by the possibilities you don't need food to entertain you. Plus it's a controlled environment for you in that you only bring zero carb stuff. Perfect. Too bad you can't create the same factors camping out in the back yard. Still, the question might be, what more can you get involved w/at home that keeps you stimulated? I know for me that when I'm busy and engaged, food doesn't cross my mind.

Jaz---Is it safe to come out at work yet? Hope the house-cleaning occurs and you get a fresh start. Very nice that you got supportive texts from some of the gals.

In response to your comment, actually I DO over eat sometimes, mostly on treat nights. When I had hubby's spaghetti a few weeks ago I definitely over ate. There will never be any stopping me w/that, which is why it only happens twice a year. Then on a treat night a week later when we had people over I also over ate, combo of treat and LC food. Both times I felt crappy after. But I do know how to kid rid of the bloat w/in a day or so.

What bothers me most is when I over-eat LC food, as that is my day in day out food. THAT doesn't happen very often because while I like those foods, I don't LOVE them the way I do carbs. My best way to stop that is count calories in my head, and think about that before I have seconds. Also just letting 20 minutes pass after eating usually kills the temptation.

My word for this year is perspective. Which is helping me at work, and also w/food, as in not beating myself up for an off plan moment by reminding myself that I'm on plan 98% of time and have been for over 4 years. Which is kind of mind blowing to me. And by taking the bird's eye view when I get antsy or bored on my woe as I did recently, as in "this too shall pass" and it always does and I'm happy back at woe camp.

Best reason to cancel a date ever---new grand daughter! Hope you guys try again.

Lori---Sounds like you and sis had your usual fun time together. The 6 weeks till Virginia Beach will fly by, or you'll golf it by. Rented a house on Virginia Beach years ago w/some gal pals. We had a blast. The town is like a big carnival in the summer, very festive and hopping.

Nic---Your circadian rhythm is restored! It is hard to under-estimate the restorative power of good sleep. Stress and lack of sleep always drive me to my low points and rob me of my word for the year, "perspective." Can't find it when I'm overly tired or stressed.

Interested in finding out what younger son thought of the public high school. My son transferred from his small charter school to the large public high school in our neighborhood at exactly your son's age. He did well there and he liked it, so we were surprised when after one semester he elected to return to the smaller school. We let him make those decisions, and it was a good thing in the end.

He found out for himself that as you said "wherever you go, there you are." I'm a big believer in that. As I am in the "show don't tell" thing w/kids when it can work. Telling them anything at that age is like sailing a paper airplane right over their heads. But when they are allowed to experience it, find themselves being shown certain truths, it works so much better.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So today was a girly girl day. I had some errands to run, in a fun area w/some of my fave shops. Found a fab duster jacket at a hip and expensive place, but it was on sale for just $23! Chinese reds w/hints of turquoise, very light soft cotton and long. Will be great w/jeans or black pants and a tank.

Then at same place I found the most incredible black capris. They are wide leg ones with really cool design details I can't describe. They weren't cheap, but I KNOW I'll wear these all spring and summer long. In clothing, I live for a great pair of pants, no matter the style, and particularly in black, which I can then pair w/ANY top for work or play. Slid these babies up and they just FIT and flowed and are SO flattering. I never walk away from that, doesn't happen often.

Yeah, I get jazzed when I find something pretty to wear. It's my mom'e genes. Also, trying on some clothing was encouraging. Not where I want to be---are we ever?---but I am doing fine and can still wear many of the things I love.

Perspective.
Sponsored Links