#115   ^
Old Tue, May-22-18, 10:09

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeH20
...Wondering how the ground beef, salad, & fasting experiment is going? Also curious about how you figure out what days to fast. Do you fast on days you are out fun hogging? If you do does it seems to have any type of effect on your performance level or the way you feel after your activity? I have been considering doing a fast, but am a tad concerned about doing one on a training day...

Thanks for the visit Renee. I've been eyeing the ground beef "chubs" as I come to find out they are call in these parts. I picked on 80% 3lb one the other day and broke it up into 4 12oz pieces and put in freezer, actually I ate the first one so there's 3 in the freezer. I have not done the eating experiment yet just kind of keeping more protein on hand and focusing on that for meals - it keeps the carbs down thats for sure. Not adding fat or eating fat for fats sake other than some heavy cream in coffee.

Weight continues to drop, fitness level continues to improve. Much time on the water as possible, mostly foilboarding.

FASTING: I'm doing 2 days a week and it usually monday and wednesday - on fasting days I'll be active or not (like yesterday I was not at all - recovering from weekend) I don't notice that I'm have any less or more energy on a fasting day, in fact I don't notice much change at all in anything other than the scale the next day show how much water changes happened. Maybe something good will come of it or not. I know that I don't ever HAVE to have a meal or a day or three of not eating. My body just seems to be fine with it - adjusting on the inside.

So, not sure if that made any sense or was helpful. Got a chance to fish the other day when the wind died. I was coming back in and saw a bunch of crappies in this spot not far off shore, I took the sail off the board and found them and caught a bunch and released them. I kind of felt bad for them as it was so easy to catch them. Had one very cool thing happen with a fish that I was reeling in, a big Muskie slashed by and tried to eat the fish on the end of my line. It was shocking. Then it happened again with a smaller Norther Pike - I've never see that in a lake, only in ocean. Water was very clear and I could see down at least 10 feet and identify fish.

for the record - fasting can usually be observed by 00 under NC (net carbs) the previous day and the corresponding drop in water weight the morning after. Usually a 5-7 lb change from first fasted day of week (usually mondays)

KX=Ketonix, NC=Net Carb, LBS=English Pounds, Act=(Type-Intensity[1-10])

Date - Kx - Nc - Lbs - Act
0516 - 70 - 00 - 213 - WindFoil,PaddleFish-4
0517 - 72 - 36 - 208 - Low
0518 - 57 - 22 - 212 - WindFoil-8
0519 - 60 - 20 - 214 - WindFoil-8
0520 - 52 - 15 - 214 - WindFoil-6
0521 - 62 - 00 - 214 - None
0522 - 71 - 12 - 210 -