View Single Post
  #111   ^
Old Wed, May-09-18, 10:36

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

I counted the protein from yesterday including vegetables and nuts etc and came in at 223g so that was pretty far over event the high end of what I've heard 2g per 1Kg body weight / day

Today is a fast day so probably not a bad idea to go into it with a full tank of protein. I'm planning on windSUPfoiling this afternoon so working out I guess you'd call it.

EDIT... plugged some of the stuff into the ketoGains calc and came up with this after using a 15% calorie deficit for light fat loss and maintain lean mass, what ever that means! But bottom line the calc has a protein number that I will try to get close to or at least see if my "natural" way of eating now is Under, Over or about the Same as listed. I think days I eat it might be slightly under. It's also good to know by counting that a bag of pork rinds that I eat almost after every session while driving is 42g protein. Probably not the best source but 42g ha!

EDIT 2 ... hmmm this is interesting. I've never put this much thought into food before. So I'm going thru the USDA food search thing and thinking how am I going to get protien. Ground beef 85% .8Kg get's me to 149g protein and 120g fat - now I could probably tailer a salad/snack to fill in the extra protein and fat and limit the carbs at 25 (I'd use net as I'm used to that and it's easier).

I can eat the same thing day after day after day so what I'm thinking of doing is getting one of those GIANT rolls of ground beef from Walmart and portioning out and bagging up and freezing .8Kg (1.76 lbs) rations. Then maybe do the same with chicken and pork (probably harder to hit the FAT macro right but fat can be added fairly easily). This could be a fun experiment.

I'll have to admit the thought of eating 1.76 lbs of ground beef every day is appealing to me, not appalling. Can one live on Ground beef and a salad every day? And also fast a couple days a week? Maybe.