View Single Post
  #1757   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-18, 17:41

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---Raising my hand too, and with enthusiasm, but like you, it will have to be sometime next winter or even early spring. Also totally agree you are the queen of planning, and we have now unanimously elected you, but just know, I'm here to help in any way I can. We WILL NOT just dump this on you.

Hopefully we'll be moving sometime in the fall, or early winter, and so much to do thru all that there will be no vacations till it's done. In fact, we are not even going to our beloved Door Country this summer, first summer in 28 years we won't be there.

OMG, you're taking a line dancing class?! How fun. Ever since I saw "Urban Cowboy"---LOL, jumping on the dating oneself train---I have thought that just looked like so much fun. And you don't have to be Michael Jackson to look good doing it! You'll all be glad to know I was not similarly inspired by the idea of "riding the bull."

Lori---Sounds like you and your sissy are having your usual cozy/good time. There is a Thai chain here called "The Big Bowl" and they have an entree called "bang bang shrimp" and it is my absolute fave! Yeah, it's hot and spicy but I love hot and spicy. BUT, only w/rice, which mitigates the heat. So it's been quite a while since I went there and had it.

Trig---So incredibly cool about your daughter's art award for her "doodles." Sometimes that is the way, in that when you're not trying so darn hard, you're just free to soar. I just love that she has this talent! There are many

Jaz---I have been to Wild Fire several times, as we have a couple/pals who live out that way and always want to eat there. I considered it for us to meet at too, but in the end went w/the cozy little river town. Food at both places is so darn good.

No, not going to the Prince Tribute, although I'm a big fan. BUT, I have a most excellent story about when he did a jingle for my client at the time (teen girl's chain store) when he was just starting out here and trying to make enough money to get to LA to cut a Demo w/Capitol records. YEP. Spent 3 days in the studio with him! I knew I was in the presence of a musical genius. It's QUITE a story and I'll just bait the hook---will save it for when we ALL, hopefully get together.

Sorry the conference was a dud, but like you said, got you here for our meet up, let's talk about what's important! Bet you're happy as a clam to be back home in your lovely "doll house."

K-mom---Yeah let's start again next week w/the water thing for me. It's not that I'm not drinking my usual 3/3, I am, and sometimes like yesterday, even better, but for whatever reason, not good at recording it here lately. Actually been a bit busy.

Wow, bravo on taking on the fast. I have never done one, but it's good to know you have experience with it. People I know who have done it say there is some struggle at first and then you get this kind of "fast high" and it really cleans out your system. I'm glad you're doing it with a buddy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My energy level is up and down these days---still struggling w/sinus problems, see the ENT doc next week. BUT today was like I had jumping beans in my pocket, thanks in large part to my son.

We were chatting on the phone this morning, and it was so darlin'. He has transitioned from feeling sad we're selling the house he grew up in to being our cheer leader in the process. He's all about us getting rid of stuff and getting out of there. LOL, I think it may have occurred to him that he sure doesn't want to have to clean this place out.

So after I hung up w/him, I attacked my office w/a vengeance. I have been making half hearted attempts in these last few months, but today I was like the proverbial bat out of Hell. My office is lined w/built in bookshelves and those shelves were stuffed w/books and all kinds of stuff. Boxes and bagfuls are now ready to get out or here. More to go. Next up, clothing. I'm going to be merciless. Starting to catch the bug on this unloading thing!

Had dinner out w/a pal last night. This week has been busier work and social wise than I've experienced for months. Place we went was amazing---art deco renovated old hotel restaurant in the neighborhood. STUNNING. We just did happy hour apps but I confess to careening off plan. Not a binge, just not Low carb.

On plan today. Have more to say on this whole issue, but I'm tuckering out, will save for tomorrow.