View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Nov-05-17, 11:32

Plan: ≤ 20 carbs & IF
Stats: 292/235/170 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

The first time I (really) tried to quit smoking I used Chantix and did succeed in quitting, but started up again soon after discontinuing the Chantix. This time around, after reading that Chantix may cause or exacerbate T2D I decided to give Zyban (bupropion) a try. It did not work as fast or as well as the Chantix but tomorrow will be two months cigarette free and I'm still taking the bupropion as it's supposed to reduce the cravings.

I'm no expert, but I've read it does something with the dopamine in the brain and is also an effective weight loss supplement. I started taking the bupropion about the same time I started my LC WOE and I'm not having a lot of difficulty fasting.

Don't get me wrong, I am really enjoying my food when I eat, in fact more now because the food tastes better since I quit smoking and I take more time preparing and savoring my food when I eat, but I think the bupropion may be effecting my cravings for food as well as the cigarettes.

This time around, I want to be sure I've kicked the habit for good before I stop taking the bupropion. I'm gona give it another 30 days I think.

It will be interesting to see how my body reacts this time when I quit. Maybe I will taper off and go to half a pill a day for a week before I quit completely.