View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-15, 04:13

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Yes, you get the follow-ups much quicker, they are shorter (15-20 min. Vs an hour for the first) but he takes as long as a patient needs. There is more time set aside for follow-ups, many see him monthly.

I can't help with Thyroid results, but will make a comment on your calculations of % along the range of values. Seems logical for those of us who like working with numbers, but completely pointless according to my oncologist. A range of normal is exactly that...it is perfectly normal to be anywhere within that range. My WBC count is always near the top end of ”normal"...that is "my" normal, not an indication of some hidden infection. For regular blood tests, there is nothing to be learned from where in the range you are. Apparently there is controversy over the thyroid tests, and some disagree that the normal range adequately picks up early problems, but not so with most.
Though I vaguely remember some doctor writing that he prefers to see AST and ALT near the mid-lower end of the range (less fatty liver?) and you have great numbers there too.