View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 15:03

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 220/205/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

I think once you reach your goal you can begin to eat more carbs and more varieties of carbs in moderation, but to think you could ever eat anything anytime and not gain I don't see it. Unfortunately our bodies aren't the types that can do that and not gain.

I look at it like this -- I'm diabetic, I may be able to control it with diet, but it is something I will need to watch for the rest of my life. My symptoms may go away, I may have excellent control over my diabetes, but I know if I don't watch it and monitor it it can get out of control again. I will always have to watch carb intake and be sure I get adequate protein, that is what keeps my body in balance.

In learning to eat correctly and getting your body balanced out again I don't think you will ever want to live on those high carb food again, maybe have some once in a while (a birthday or special occasion) but not a daily indulgence.

I do think this way teaches you a lot about yourself and how your body acts and reacts to certain foods and now you are learning just how good you feel when you eat to fuel your body and not eat out of emotions (well, that is what I'm learning anyway).

I have to watch and will probably always have to watch how sweet effects me, even if it is a legal sweet it can set off the craving in me to want to eat it until it is gone, so from that I have learned that I do better without the temptation. For me it's an addiction that will always be with me, but I can learn to live with it and I can learn to control it and be healthier for it.

I'm glad you are thinking about these things, it shows just how much you are learning through this process, made me think of what I've learned and that is never a bad thing.

Debi