Old Sat, May-24-03, 05:54
Registered Member

Plan: my own/grain free/veg
Stats: 116/115/101 Female 5'2"
BF:I don't know
Progress: 7%
Default just a newbie, but

Hi Princes 1
I am just a newbie so I surely am no expert about low carb. I like you have only a few pounds to lose, but
i have been trying to lose those few pounds for literally YEARS with your woe and no go. And believe me I have tried it all including conventional low cal low fat diets combined with rigorous cardio ex but to no avail.
Then on a whim I tried low carb and almost magically in one week I lost almost 1/2 the weight that I had been struggling with. I did read quite a few books but just could not let go of entrenched ideas about carbs and fat. But oh my am I glad I did! I am almost halfway to my goal (in 1 week) feeling full and satisfied all the time, enjoying meals more than I can remember, not obsessing about food, tons of energy and no IBD tummy problems (which carbs seem to make for me and which have plagued me for literally years) I am into my third week and although the weighloss has slowed down to 1/2 to a 1 lb a week I think that low carb is the best thing since...hm sliced cheese!

Why not give it a try...you have nothing to lose...and you just might lose a little lol! You know what they say, "If ya keep doin' what you're doin', you'll keep gettin' what you're gettin'"

Read around this forum, there is so so much info and then...
What do ya say? Low carb for a week or two and then decide!

gotta go and have my morning omelet (deliciously cooked in a lovely little pat of butter....yum

happy thoughts and happy weekend!