View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Aug-10-09, 09:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 214.8/216.3/155 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: -3%

Thanks Corsair915, I'm very excited as well..I am officially starting today..any tips or tricks for the first few weeks you want to pass along? Things to keep you motivated?
I do already have some questions?
In the 30 day solution and the lifeplan book, they talk about being able to eat grains (if your a hedonist) within your allowed limits..even in Intervention..I know this is a different group of people, and a different approach..but that seems to go so against what I was used to with Atkins..meaning getting those first 2 weeks under your belt and purging your body of all grains..
What is your thought on this..(or anyone else's..especially based on experience)..I'm trying to deterine that if I start this, and immediatly allow myself to have low carb tortilla's..or any of the "imposter" ingridients they use in the comfort food cookbook, and the RX cookbook, will I still lose weight?
Plus I do love my wine..so I will be having my wine.

This is all of course with the knowledge and understanding of staying within your allotted carb grams for the day.

That brings me to my 2nd question..they say to NEVER go over your allotted carb grams per day OR per meal..it seems to me that there will be times that I may be eating minimal carbs during the day..(having ham and swiss roll ups, and fruit for breakfast, and pot roast and a veggie for lunch...)that I will be way below the >40 per day..and there may be times (especially on a friday night or weekend), that I would like to use some of those not used per meal to have a more carb laden meal (more than the 10 grams allowed).. that day..Thoughts, experience on this??