Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/177.5/156 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser
Sort of off-topic, but sort of on-topic;

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...-end-in-divorce

I'm not saying you should be married to low carb, but faith and commitment do pay off.

I don't know what the kids are up to these days, but when I was a teenager, everybody had a guitar and was learning Stairway to Heaven. Most of them didn't get anywhere, over the long run, really. I don't know what the percentage is, but it doesn't matter. There's no reason to doubt that practice and commitment will in time lead to a better guitar player. It works if you do it--and if it doesn't work, but you're putting in a good effort, there are various tweaks to make it more likely to work.

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawchem
If by eating again you mean going back to the diet that you got you here, probably won't be able to do that without regain.

I lost 55lbs and kept it off 5 years quite happily until a car wreck of injuries and a simultaneous thyroid problem hit. Exercising makes me want to do other healthy things, its a great stress reducer.

The thing with lowcarb is that after a while plastic junk food loses a lot of appeal. You start realizing what hunger is when you're no longer driven to eat by unstable blood sugar. Its like quitting smoking, you have to make it past the addiction and its painful a while. Then the trick is to find LC foods that you love.

Right now, the only thing that I really miss is fruit. In Atkins, that comes back in later, but I have a feeling that that would be enough to satisfy the sweet tooth. An apple has 30 grams of net carbs, so that may someday be 1/2 of my daily allowance, but at least it's something. And we'll always have berries.

Mike