View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-29-17, 16:21

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

At first it sounded to me like "mindfull eating", which I don't quite know what it means, so I searched a bit. To summarize, mindfulness is just to be aware. Well, I've been doing that as long as I remember, without it being anything special. Thinking about it, it just occurred to me that when I initially went LC, it became easier to do. So, Ima make a grand declaration.

Going LC makes it easier to be mindful of what going LC does to the brain.

Remember, the brain is an organ, the mind is just to product of this organ. When the organ works right, its product works just as right. To put it differently, I'd think it would be very hard to be mindful of eating sugar and wheat, when we're eating sugar and wheat. There's a nice analogy - GIGO. So, some guy in the computer lab noticed the machine was spewing out garbage. It mustn't be working right, he thought. Then another guy pointed out that the machine was being fed garbage. They stopped feeding it garbage, it started working properly. Now imagine the person trying to figure things out is the machine itself, but it's being fed garbage. How could it ever figure out anything, i.e. that it's being fed garbage? That's our brain.

In modern computing, there's something called virtual computing or virtual machine. There's a computer with an operating system capable of creating a virtual machine as a seperate entity, a sort of simulated computer within this computer. This allows to run programs in a way that cannot disrupt the physical machine, even if the programs are being fed garbage. The physical machine can always recover, it simply shuts down the virtual machine, restarts it as needed. For our brain, since it would be the one being fed garbage, we'd create a virtual entity within it that can detect this, a sort of failsafe. A simple memory will do - going LC removes the brain fog (or whatever works for you). It's even better when it's based on actual experience and not on wishful thinking or something like that, but it's gotta be simple, it's just a failsafe to "restart" the brain.

So, mindfulness yes, but then it requires a properly functioning brain first.