View Single Post
  #78   ^
Old Mon, Jul-27-09, 19:32

Plan: adkins
Stats: 198/194/140 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress:
Default Metformin

All of us are concerned with our health and well being, and I too, began to research Metformin online and found this blog. Thanks so much, all the notes have been helpful.

Sometimes you feel alone in the battle of weight loss and sudden weight gain. I am in menapause, and being 50, I am learning so much about the weight gain, mood swings, and flashes (power surges) the past few years. These are some of the things our mothers never told us, including being unable to sleep.

I was on Adkins and did lose weight, but over the past few years, my weight has ballooned and I look as if I am about to pop. My face is also puffy.

Seriously eliminating calories and being very strict with my exercise and diet helped me lose 15 lbs, but that has been it. I also have arthritus in my knee, so I can not exercise as long or as hard as I use to.

So I thought it may be wise to see an endrocronologist and have my thyroid levels tested.

Due to low TSH levels I was prescribed Synthroid 6 weeks ago. Today during my follow up visit, I was prescribed Metformin 500 to take with breakfast and dinner. It's my understanding that this medicine should be taken with food as to avoid an upset stomach and feelings of nausea.

My Dr. is concerned with my weight and said I am on the verge of diabetes, so we are trying to avoid this. I am optimistic that with the combo of thyroid medication and Medformin, my meetings with a nutritionist, and my dedication to healthy eating and fitness, I should be well on my way to better health.

I will continue to update you on my progress, and look forward to hearing about yours as well.