View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-30-01, 09:58

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 270/205/160 Female 5 feet 3.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 59%
Question 3 weeks of Induction, lost and now gaining?

Hi, I'm 29, new to the forum and to following the Atkins Plan. I lost 8 lbs the first 6 days of Induction, started my TOM and still lost 1 lb the second week, but I've gained 1.5 lbs this week. I've been measuring and I've lost another 1/2" this week, but the weight gain worries me. Am I doing something wrong?

I've been diligently staying under 20 g of carbs, drinking 3 liters of water, and eating butter and bacon - for the first time in a decade! I'm eating less food than I used to, but definitely more fat and protein. I have been exercising (treadmill, 3.8-4 mph) for 30-45 minutes 4 days a week since August.

Background: Over the past 10 years I've lost 25 lbs on Weight Watchers twice, 65 lbs on Jenny Craig and never managed to keep the weight off for more than three years. I've been overweight my whole life, even on a toddler diet when I was 2.

I'm not too upset, just curious. BTW, I feel great eating low carbs and my face has not broken out since I started. Unprecedented in the last 5 years!
Sponsored Links