View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Tue, May-20-08, 06:46

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 157/152/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 29%
Smile

I am a coffee lover, too, and still have my big cup of half caff with cream in the morning. There is research that shows that coffee has several benefits, and besides, I love it!

About the costs of organic food...my DH and I for the first time bought a 1/4 cow's worth of meat from a local rancher. The meat is very good, and is under $3.00 a pound. It does take an extra refrigerator, though.

There's a way to wash regular veggies and fruits to clean off any residual pesticide too (1 cup hydrogen peroxide to 1 gallon water, I think. ?? ). That way, store-bought produce is cleaner.

As for "real" organic, I am fussy about my cream for coffee and butter. I buy them organic regularly. Costco sometimes has organic products, like the butter, too. Walmart has a local egg supplier that is organic. It is slowly carrying other organics, as well.

Yes, it is expensive and can be impractical. I think we have to find a balance between our budgets and our health needs.

There are other "free" ways to take good care of ourselves, too, like exercise, rest, and play.