Old Sun, Jan-04-09, 16:33
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinLC
I am on induction and desperately want to quit smoking soon. I did not want to start too much at once so I am deciding on a quit date past induction. My problem now is that Atkins seems to lead me to smoking at least 25% more than usual. Someone told me there is sugar in cigarettes so I am not sure if this is my body tricking me into consuming sugar. I just need some encouragement from ex smokers/low carbers and some ideas to get started. I have quit before and know if I can just jump this initial hurdle I will be off and running. Anyone have some magic words or advice to help? I sure appreciate all of your help in improving my health and overall well being.
You can do it! IMO, you should wait until you're ready to quit smoking. I felt the same way you do about taking on too much at one time. If you do that, you're setting yourself up for failure. I asked my doctors for advice, and they all told me to lose weight first. So, that's what I concentrated on.

I reached a point where I stopped losing weight for a long period of time, so I decided that might be a good time to quit smoking. I tried Chantix, but it made me too sick. Then, my friend dragged me off to see the hypnotist that comes through town every 6 months or so. I was sure I was throwing my $50 away, but doggoned if it didn't work! No one is more amazed than I!

You'll do fine. Just concentrate on one thing at a time. As you lose weight, you'll begin to feel so much better that you'll want to do even more good things for your health. That's when you should quit smoking.