View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-14, 10:34

Plan: VLC/High Fat
Stats: 253/249/200 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I really want to learn more about this myself. I read a snippet on Mark's Daily Apple (I think) that said he suggested a bit higher carbohydrate count during pregnancy - 100g is the number I was remembering. The little bit of info I've seen has mentioned that higher protein intake has been associated with low birth weight fetuses. Another low-carb oriented site mentioned 60-75g per day.

I personally am about 99% sure our one "oops" moment this month has gotten me pregnant. I am craving carbs - beyond tempted to have potatoes after not touching them for over a year and a half - and I'd technically already be 5weeks pregnant from my dates. For myself, 60+ carbs a day is a lot more than I've had since I started low-carbing in May 2013. I'm finding it hard to think of what I'm going to do food-wise if I am pregnant...grrrrrr

I haven't read the links you provided but I plan on it in a moment...and will keep researching for myself too. Most studies don't use pregnant women just because of the liability and risk to the fetus...