View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-14, 20:52

Plan: 30 g carbs/day
Stats: 220/180/150 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Thank you for the input and for giving me strength, or adding to my strength. I do have a little and it's getting stronger.

I just emailed MIL and told her Cols has been sick after visits the past several times and that I would like for them to pick the kids up after I give them breakfast, so no McD's or going out for breakfast, and whether I should send along snacks and lunches for them if the choices I emailed to her (yes, I emailed her a list...actually, I've done this several times so far) are difficult to prepare.

That was snotty and insulting and I hope she took it that way.

Yeah, I'm down to b*tch status now.

Tough. I'm not going to kill my own kid or let anyone else do it.

Cols had a tantrum in the lunch room today. I had had a talk with him about food and his stomach aches and tiredness, and about how we are all going to change our diet to get healthier. Then this morning I told him and showed him exactly what I was packing. It was, hmmm, let me think. Cheese slices, a yogurt, pepperoni slices and...something else. I don't remember now...carrots? Anyway, it was enough cheese slices and pepperoni that he should feel very full. These are foods he LOVES (normally).

Well, his teacher emailed me...Cols looked at his lunch and said he wanted bread. Then he asked his teacher if he could buy. We have money in the school lunch account, but the teacher wisely told Cols that he had to eat what Mom had packed. Cols demanded bread and then threw his yogurt across the lunch room!

Full-on addicted. Just like me...

I spoke to him about it after school. I told him these are foods he loves and there is no problem with them. (I mean I'm not making him drink spinach shakes, LOL. Not that there's anything wrong with that.) He asked if bread is unhealthy and I told him that yes, for many people, bread IS unhealthy. He whined that some other kids bought lunch and I said, "Yes, and others didn't. Right?" I told him, "What everybody else does doesn't concern Mommy. What concerns me is YOU and you not having stomach aches and not being tired."

So far so good. He has eaten quite healthfully today, and no gluten at all. And no chippy snacky things. (I did give him snacks, obviously. Ironically, when he got home from school, he wanted yogurt, then a piece of cheese.) We did have GF pasta for dinner tonight (well, DH and the kids did...I had sauce over cauliflower). We had it with meatballs and instead of two heaping plates of spaghetti, as is Col's norm, I gave him, hmm...I think like a third of a cup? But with meatballs, so it was quite a substantial meal overall. I only cooked so much GF pasta and it worked out perfectly because the kids only got that smaller amount of pasta, but there were plenty and then some of meatballs, and the kids asked for seconds of those. So that balanced pretty well.

That was far and away the carb-iest thing either kid ate today (and of course I am on minimal carbs) and they enjoyed it all tremendously, and they seem full and happy and not whiny or cranky.

It's going to take some getting used to, but pretty soon this should be the norm and they are for sure not being deprived.

ETA: Oh yeah, breakfast. They asked for bacon. Well, first they asked for cereal...and after a mutual stricken look when I told them that we are all out of cereal (didn't tell them at that moment that that means forever), they decided on bacon. Not bacon and eggs. Just bacon. LOL. With a glass of milk. I can live with that.

Next stop: vegetables! My littlest eats them like crazy but Cols is a problem there. But one step at a time and I'm so glad I finally decided to put my freakin' foot down. We don't all need to die because I decided to look the other way.
Sponsored Links