#11   ^
Old Sat, Jul-29-17, 13:21

Plan: M-F vlc, looser LC wkends
Stats: 353.6/244.8/165 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 58%

Great thread, thank you! And a quick question:
Quote:
"My plan is LCHP not LCHF. As far as fat, I'm not telling people to go out and buy some fat and eat a meal of it. Fat comes along with the protein"
vs.
Quote:
I was just thinking today how successful I was following Dr Bernstein's plan initially....He said many years ago that if you want to lose weight cut protein and if you want to gain weight increase protein
These quotes both make sense to me in different contexts, so my assumption is that Dr. Bernstein also made each quote in the wider context of addressing, or just responding, to entirely different overall discussions(?). I think that is reasonably likely, and that is also why both statements still hold 100% true.
Quote:
Do you follow Dr Ted Naiman on FB or Twitter? He recently had a range of protein foods to use when plateau and still needed to lose weight, using a protein to non-protein energy ratio. First group of foods was the PSMF with whey protein (though he doesn't actually recommend it) then all real foods for fat loss, up to maintenance where the fats come back. July 20.
I also really appreciate this quote/suggestion. ^^^

I think sometimes the wider LC community, such as on the boards here, tends to get a wind of a particular argument, or train of thought, to not even imply any negative connotations with the word argument... and then everyone, kind of as a collective whole, just goes with it.

I really appreciate a more reasoned discussion on this subject and I am also appreciating different experiences, anecdotes, and points of view being shared - because Dr. Fung has been so popular for so long, that there is a very large collective shift towards trying to limit protein to (comparatively) very low levels.

Rarely do I see anyone talking about eating protein that would adhere more to Phinney and Volek recommended levels, and NEVER do I see anyone apart from Janet, with a consistent voice on this site being an active proponent of very actively limiting fat intake during weight loss.

These subjects of interest to me right now, and very timely, because after only losing about 23 lbs in 3 months on strict induction, (of which a third of that total loss was in the first few days)... I have recently REALLY upped my protein and limited my fat consumption, and I am feeling better than I have in YEARS.

I am also losing, like I have never lost before. 6 lbs the week before, followed by 5 lbs this week. I mean, this is effortless, and unheard of for me. Also they are absolutely huge loss numbers, considering I have been completely fat adapted for almost 4 months.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my positive experiences on this subject also. I have also in the past historically (years ago) also done similarly well and felt similarly GREAT, when I ate protein to the point of protein satiety to me, and when I did not try to conversely, eat to hit the numbers. And then too, I felt best on at least 125g protein.

FWIW, now; since the last few weeks that I am having these amazing results, I aim for a minimum of 150g per day. If I go over, I don't sweat it.

But I am actively not permitting myself to go under that number, and it's like the difference between night and day for me. I am 5ft 11, btw.

Thanks again for starting this very interesting thread, because I appreciate the links and recommendations, and I will also be hugely interested to see where else this thread goes.