View Single Post
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 16:35
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

It is my understanding that low hdl and high triglycerides correlate with hyperinsulinemia, right? This is why most metabolically normal people see these values improve dramatically on a LC diet, and why metabolically abnormal people see improvement (even if not to normalcy).

Very slight hypoglycemia, in a fasted state, could also be indicative of hyperinsulinemia.

Hyperinsulinemia is indicative of either a) high carb, "supersize me" american diet, b) metabolic disorder, or c) both.

Seeing as I was eating below 20 carbs, that's out. That leaves option B as the culprit - metabolic disorder. I've long suspected I had true metabolic syndrome and abnormally high insulin levels (even on LC). I am quite certain I have PCOS. Even now, as thin as I am and as healthful as my diet is, my PCOS still is poorly controlled (I haven't had a period in months).

I know this question isn't really related to CHD really, but what do you guys think? I think my triglycerides were ridiculously high for someone eating almost no carbs, who is losing weight, and is as young as I am. Then with the low HDL and slight hypoglycemia and PCOS... it just screams insulin problems to me.