View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-16, 19:29

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 212/169/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Hi Patty. For initial and optimal weight loss, especially while in the Induction phase of Atkins, it's good to be a bit of a purist and stick to protein, fat, carbs through dark green veggies, or as it's all laid in the Atkin's book.

Many posters on here recognise their inner carb addict ... or their inner sugar fiend ... and found the best way to deal with this fiend, is by denying it even artificial sugar. I freely confess that about once/month, I do allow myself to eat 5 Atkin's bars in one sitting. Usually on a day I only have breakfast and no lunch. Doesn't hurt me since I"m OP every day and going to the gym. But I know in myself I can limit it to that once per month. You have to know yourself, be honest with yourself, and decide what gives you best weight loss, what gives you best control for staying OP each and every day. If the Atkins bars/shakes keep you craving sugar, don't do it. If you can still lose weight on them and they don't increase your craving for sugar, it's possible. Good luck.