#44   ^
Old Fri, Feb-26-10, 20:19

Plan: High Fat, Low Carb
Stats: 253/227/163 Female 175cm
BF:
Progress: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandawald
If you want to follow the Barry Groves' plan, you really should also get yourself his book, "Natural Health and Weight Loss", which gives more information and explains more of the science behind the low-carb/high-fat way of eating. "Trick and Treat" is a GREAT book, but it is more of a general rant against the medical establishment than specifically just about the LC/HF WOE.

Thanks Amanda, I'll track that one down too, as I have decided to do a research project based on the pharmaceutical companies' stronghold on the medical establishment though, I'm still looking forward to reading Trick and Treat.

Quote:
From my own experience, though, I would make sure that you keep your beer intake to a minimum as that tended to generally stall me or result in a half-kilo weight gain a couple of days after a beer-fest. Or stick to wine as your poison of choice.

I'm not a huge beer drinker anyway, but I love to have a couple on a really hot afternoon (it was 40 degress C here yesterday!!). It's my glass of red with dinner that I find the hardest to give up

Quote:
The best thing would be to keep a journal - either here or just in a notebook - where you note what you eat and drink and what effect that has on the scale.

I use a website called calorieking.com.au to record my food, not that I'm interested in counting calories so much, but it has an excellent facility where it records grams of macronutrients in foods and gives your daily total as a percentage, very handy. Plus being Australian it has all of our foods listed on it.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post, I appreciate the advice and look forward to seeing how this WOE works for me

Emma.