#37   ^
Old Fri, Sep-24-04, 00:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/177/154 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hi Patricia,
Great to hear from you again, but this is not so good news about your lipid profile. Dr A's book has some suggestions about the type of cholesterol lowering pills to take. He also says that a couple of tsps of fiber such as Physillium husk at night helps with the cholesterol numbers, not to mention about help with loo! perhaps you could give that a try. I really hope your numbers return to normal soon. Best of luck.
Yes, this time I was very strict on re-induction. I also found that I was unconsiously cutting down on fats earlier on, so I deliberately added more butter (mmm!). Since Monday, I've lost 1.5 kgs and hopefully by sat (tomorrow) that should be a round 2! I'm very thrilled.
I'll be away to see my mum, who's in hospital in another city, for the next few days. She's got all sorts of health problems....diabetes, high blood pressure, heart problems...the works. Maybe I'm trying to stop the clock ticking for me and that's why I've climbed on the Atkins band wagon. Things will be pretty disorganised for the next few days, so I'll see where I am-weightwise- after I return.
Anyway, this is a long road and I guess we have to learn that there may be a few bumps and pot holes along the way. As long as we learn from the hiccups, that's what matters.

I just re-read my post and find that I'm sounding very sombre. Sorry for that....
Bye and take care and keep me posted
Anu