View Single Post
  #1127   ^
Old Wed, Jun-22-11, 11:01

Plan: High/Low "Zig Zag"
Stats: 265/220/175 Male 5'10
BF:
Progress:

Love your stuff/results. Carb cycling is amazing. I just found this website and saw your post in 2004 about trying 2-3 high days in a row. How did that work for you?

As far as bodybuilding, we carb cycle about 12 weeks out to get below 10% body fat and it works perfect! It's also a good way to control blood sugar and be healthy!!

I usually do 3 low days of about 50g carbs (make sure i get complex carbs in the morning) then just chicken/eggs/fish/veggies/nuts for my other meals. On my high day I just add in more oats, sweet potatoes, brown rice, and get to about 400g. I have never really went high for more than one day so I was just curious.

Since our diets are pretty strict as is, we also cheat for one meal a week "anything I want" so that is also kind of like a high day...

PS: Keep up the good work. Many people think that too many high days is bad, but actually it keeps you mentally sane, boosts your metabolism, so the next 3 days your metabolism is high, but your on low.... you burn more fat. + Your body will never get used to the same thing!!! It's awesome. Thanks!!!