View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-11, 11:04

Plan: Ketogenic now
Stats: 277/121/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

Nodules are usually a 'sign' of having the most common type of hypothyroidism, Hashimoto's. The test for that is TPO AB. Just checking TSH is not a good thing (it tests the pituitary, not the actual thyroid hormone levels).

I don't do much thyroid patient advocation online anymore (currently in deep study mode for another degree) and also do it IRL....

You will need to find a doctor who does Free T4 and Free T3 testing and who will Rx. according to those parameters. The ultrasound will show 'what kind' of nodules usually, and some really savvy docs will know what they are looking at.

Out of every 100 women who HAVE hypothyroidism, 98% have Hashimoto's (that's why iodine deficient hypothyroidism hasn't been seen in the US and UK, etc. in a long time). Iodine can 'excite' the antibodies (which attack and destroy the thyroid over time....and then once the thyroid is 'dead' they stop attacking, and go down).

I think you should have the correct tests (not just a TSH) and it took me FIVE endocrinologists to finally be tested correctly (with correct interpretation) and then it took me four YEARS to finally be titrated in dosage (I do not take synthetics) with both T4 AND T3 hormone.

I don't know if I can give a link to a thyroid site here...I'm new here, but not to lowcarbing and I am known as 'nonstickpam107' to others on the internet.

Do we have PM's here? I could maybe elaborate if you pm me?

Pam