#40   ^
Old Tue, Jun-23-15, 07:53
It's Only Food!

Plan: Ketogenic / IF
Stats: 279/248/210 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Mornin', Kids.

Getting into ketosis more and more. I upped my fat yesterday, dove into my low carb veg, had steak, lots of butter and I have begun drinking more water and iced tea. This morning my glucose was much lower and I'm down a half pound. There was a mini happy dance in the bathroom this morning.

My endocrinologist shakes his head at me when I tell him I test blood glucose daily. I'm not diabetic and he firmly states I'm not prediabetic so why bother.

1. Because I can.
2. When glucose is down, ketones are up and they are darned expensive to test.
3. I learn what foods cause a rise in glucose and hinder weight loss.

These past couple of weeks I've learned that almonds shoot my blood sugar to amazing levels and a piece of cherry pie doesn't. Surprised the heck out of me. (No, I'm not going to put pie on my eating list. It was a special event when we visited a dear friend back home. I enjoyed every bite of it too.)

The almonds gave a noticeable spike in glucose. I knew they really stalled weight loss but now I see indicators as to why. I'm not touching those rascals again until I'm at goal and well into maintenance. Nope. They are toxic to me. I wonder why...

Susan, I hear you about ice cream. <sigh>

I finally started painting. That hurdle has been met and passed. So far I'm happy with it. Let it last!

Have to scoot. Lots to do.

Later 'gators. Oh......and stink eye all around.