#68   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-12, 09:41
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%

What a bunch of losers!! .
I'm looking forward to seeing my own belly deflate at least a bit. Note to self: keep track of waist measurement as well as scale weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauve
I really don't like low fat, but it seems to be the only way I lose a good amount of weight. I'd like to be done with this never-ending battle once and for all. I finally know how to keep my weight stable - high fat, moderate protein, very low carb. It works for me. But I need to lose another 20 lbs, and I'm afraid only the low fat approach is going to do that, sigh.
Even Dr. Atkins acknowledged that some people do better on a lower fat version of the LC diet. We're all unique, and LC isn't one size fits all. The one thing Atkins emphasized - and I totally agree - is that we should avoid a "no fat" diet. Dietary fat isn't just a source of empty calories, it provides essential nutrients. Using the menu planner in the QWL cookbook as a guide, I plugged a few sample days in my diet tracker ... average 1200 calories per day, ~30% fat .

Once upon a time, a very high fat w. moderate protein regimen worked well for me. Now it's stopped working and it doesn't make sense to continue. Who knows though, at some point lower fat, higher protein might stop working ... then a switch back to high fat might just get things rolling again .