View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 09:51

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Gkeenan,

In my view, there are far worse things to be obsessive about than weighing on a scale.

Far too often the old and often used cliché that everyone is unique and different somewhat rings hollow in our modern times. I think it still rings very true today. What is right for the individual might not be for the whole; and, vice versa, what is right for all might not be right for the one.

Whose to say that weighing everyday is obsessive if it’s what you’re comfortable doing for your own sanity’s sake? I wash my hands at least 7 or 8 times per day. Do I find that obsessive-compulsive behavior? No, I don’t. Would you? Probably. Would most? Absolutely. However, in the end, if I’m comfortable with my behavior, then it’s the only thing that matters irrespective of what anyone thinks. I also think obsessing about your scale weight to be infinitely preferable to fretting over whether or not “other” people think you’re being obsessive.

Sometimes I think we need to put things in proper perspective. You’re weighing yourself on a scale, not being “obsessive” over “other” things, which are not nearly as benign.

Good luck!