View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jan-08-06, 16:17
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Dr. Fine is finding a LOT of people with gluten intolerance. I believe he said 60%. But I don't think those are random samples, I think they're people with symptoms or relations with symptoms. I just get a feeling a lot of the people coming here with thyroid symptoms might really have gluten intolerance which is causing their issues.

Also, for me, I was a fat gluten intolerant person. They don't all lose weight, some of us gain weight. In fact, I think I was glutened the other day and my weight bounced up 2 pounds and I got dairrhea.

I've been reading over at glutenfreeforum.com how some celiacs are overweight and actually lost weight when they went GF.

I'm trying an elimination diet now to see if I can get everything figured out. It is higher carb than I've had in years, but I'm hoping I won't gain weight on it. So far, holding pretty steady.

Quote:
Wow! Awesome job of explaining everything.

Thank you! You were so crucial to me for figuring it all out. The book Dangerous Grains and Enterolab. Wow! And my brain is functioning so much better now that I'm off the gluten. I'm not stupid any longer! Horray! Ok, well... not AS stupid. Really, it made me feel like thinking was hard.