#8   ^
Old Fri, Aug-14-15, 10:13

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Fun for you! I actually hate exercise by itself.

When I was 250-270, I played competitive tennis in a USTA league locally. I played in the 4.0 level which is fairly good. The extra weight I carried caused me to have foot injuries due to the stress. Stress fractures, pulled tendons, knee issues.

You are an anomaly with your ability to run long distances. Good for you!
That's not the case for many severely overweight people.

Besides, this entire post is about weight loss regained.

I think you just always thought it was about your weight, but thin people have the same kinds of injuries - they are just less likely to attribute it to weight. And they are just as likely to gain a pot belly from overtraining. I've seen it a million times. I don't run long distances anymore but it's because of a nerve thing I inherited from my mother, not any injuries related to my weight. I mean, I was never athletic and don't have an athletic build at all. I know women who compete at very high weights and never develop an injury at all, in really strenuous things like Ironman triathlons. I do believe it's way more about an individual's physiology than carrying extra weight. In weightlifting, extra weight is rewarded, in fact, as in many other sports.