Old Fri, Oct-07-16, 07:25
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jude
So I went and had blood tests yesterday (call me a wuz). As expected, I have no idea what the numbers mean. I'd really appreciate it if you guys could give me a heads up before I go to see the doctor. (His office has already called to get me to make an appointment.)

Just tossing out some thoughts, in case

re - "7 hours after last meal" .. Did you have anything to drink other than water in those 7 hours? Some folks think a meal means solid food, and forget that their morning coffee or tea counts as a meal. Caffeine can skew the results.

Do you smoke, or live with a smoker? Smoking/second-hand smoke can also skew the results. I'm always amazed to see a huddle of people outside the lab, having a "last drag" before they go in to get their blood drawn. If only they knew that smoking before the test will screw up so many test results, not just lipids.

Without having the previous results, it's impossible to know if this latest panel is better or worse. I honestly don't see anything that requires an immediate prescription for statins, though. If the dr. suggests statins, you do have the right to ask for an opportunity to try making lifestyle changes first and then recheck the bloodwork in a few months

Wishing you the best,

Doreen