View Single Post
  #93   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-18, 15:56

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

There's an important point raised in this case - patient/doctor relationship - where a doctor cannot reasonably conclude anything (i.e. diagnose) unless he examines the patient directly in person. So, for example, a doctor opens up a public website on which he gives medical advice to any visitor, obviously without having examined any of them in any way. So, yeah, I understand completely why there is such a restriction.

But here's the question, is there any kind of precedent on this planet with regards to any medical profession doing same? Yes, there is, and in fact it's business as usual for this particular medical profession. But we just call it Official Dietary Guidelines.

This is giant irony of the most bestest kind, the kind where nobody thought could ever happen. Yet, it's quite true. The various dietetic associations try real hard to have their members' profession be recognized as a medical profession. How could they ever hope to achieve this when the basis for their professional advice (i.e. DGA) is otherwise given freely without consultation of any kind?

Oh, you want the same privileges? Well then, you gonna get the same obligations too.

On the flip side, we've never had such extensive and free access to medical and nutritional information that didn't require any consultation of any kind.

Well done, Tim.