View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-14, 09:52

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

ParisMom, I like your Cauliflower Salad recipe and since I just bought some new really higher grade Yoghurt to try out, the dressing is just perfect.
I'm going to try it.
I'll bet that's a great restaurant in San Francisco. I love restaurants that aren't corporate owned. So many of them aren't really cooking fresh but use Sysco Foods restaurant supply ingredients that only require warming up but not really cooking. This type of restaurant with real chefs and not just cooks is really hard to find these days.

Judy, Your post about the health benefits of all different veggies is exactly why I believe it is so important to include them all in a healthy diet.
My goal is loosing weight but with good nutrition in the process.
I love to alternate colors of veggies. For instance I might cook yellow squash with butter, parmesan cheese and then also have marinated cucumbers.
I fill the space on my plate where the starch used to sit, so to speak.
I've been planning my Thanksgiving veggies. Last year, my sister in law brought fresh green beans with toasted slivered almonds and caramelized onions and it was literally amazing, every bite was so full of flavor. I told her that this is her dish forever. She's been appointed green bean queen...

Liz, I haven't moved back into the root category yet simply because of the sugar/carb content.
CSAs are great. I used to belong to a fruit and veggie co-op which is much the same except we would go the farmers market at 4:00am to buy by the case and then come back to one of our houses and partition it up for the ladies to pick-up and drop off their money. There were 12 of us so we all alternated.