Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted
Hi Wa'il,

This is a cool tool and I like it. It's going to take some time entering my custom stuff but so far I like it.
I have a suggestion...is there anyway you can list the net carbs (as in Carbs minus Fibre) as that's my beef with fitday that I need to work that one out. I realize it's not hard math but I'm mathematically inept and it would be a big plus for me not to have to work that one out.
My apologies if it is already there and I missed it.

Thanks,

Steph

We do show the Effective Carb Count (ECC) as (carbs -fiber) in the search results.

However, in the daily view it may clutter the numbers, as it already lists 4 columns: carbs, protein, fat, fiber and calories.

The ECC is calculated and ready, and would be no big deal to show it, but the numbers may be too confusing, especially for members who don't know what it is, or those who don't subtract fiber.

There are a few options, though. The simplest would be to show a little hover/tooltip when you bring your mouse to the carbs cell, where it would show the ECC. But I think many may not find it.

The other option is to make it a selectable choice in the settings menu, so those who want to see it, will have an extra column showing ECC.

Wa'il