Thread: LC Our Way!
View Single Post
  #1743   ^
Old Fri, May-26-17, 09:03

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

For six years, I was not sick. No asthma, no high blood pressure, no flu. It was like I could not get sick even if I was around kids at school with green stuff going out of their noses!

I felt invisible. Wonder woman. Actually kind of cocky. I attributed it a lot to my woe. Sugar had been a poison for me for so many years.

So when I thought about getting Part D for Medicare, I was like...Why? I am only taking a vitamin and a low-dose aspirin!

Bam! Got back from a month in Hawaii and was exhausted. The first day home I was fine. The second day I got hit with a bad asthma attack. It had been six years!!!!!

I took the neb treatments (DuoNebs) and felt it would just run its course. After the 5th treatment, I literally felt my heart go out (A-Fib). Those news really get you wired. My A-Fib always rights itself. Not this time. So I stopped taking the Du0-Nebs. Asthma was getting worse. Finally after 42 hours of A-Fib, a nurse told me to go to ER. They said they were kind of stuck. They could not shock my heart as my lungs were too comprised. They could not give me the Duo-Nebs as it was making my heart wonky. So they said I needed to be admitted. Stayed there five days. They tried a drip of something. That helped my heart slow down a little, but not enough and it was still irregular. They did a Cardioversion (shocked the heart) on day four. It worked!

I got home and had pretty bad reactions to the strong meds. Nausea, back pain AND sadness. But all those have pretty well gone away. Amen!

So now I am getting stronger every day and I am thankful it was not as serious as what so many people face. We all need to be thankful for our health. So many people are hurting and suffering. Mine was really nothing. Just a blip.

BUT - I am on a new path now. A-Fib was diagnosed for sure and I need to be on these meds for the rest of my life. That has been a hard thing for me to accept, but I am turning a corner and actually starting to feel thankful for them.

One warning - I want to encourage all of you to get Part D on Medicare when you get older. I will add it during the Open Enrollment period, but it will not start all Jan of next year. It is not that much money. Why was I so cocky? Why did I think I would not ever get sick?

Blood thinning meds cost me $465.00 a month.
Others are bad too. I have paid more than $700.00 within the last week.

We changed the blood thinner med so now it will only cost me $250.00/month. Funny how that made me happy!

I will be fine financially, but I feel bad for people that would have been stuck with this and had to take from savings or actually get a loan.

Not feeling very invisible. Feeling humbled. But also feeling very thankful that this turned out good for me.

That's my story!

K-Mom 10x3