Old Sat, May-20-17, 11:11
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%
Default Day 5 of 90

Goal parameters:

1) Track and log my food daily (with few exceptions)
2) Average less than 30 net carbs and keep calories within reason (< 2400)
3) Get some form of exercise in daily

Weight: 207. $5 is in the jar. 20 net carbs and 2050 calories yesterday. I also got back into the gym for a little elliptical workout.

One interesting aspect about returning to a VLC diet: I'm waking up with the sun again. I've said many times that this WOE turned me into a morning person for the first time in my life. That has been true since the first months of the diet. But after adding back more carbs, 75-90 total/35-50 net for over 2 years now, my circadian rhythm didn't appear to be as glued to the rise and fall of the sun as it had been during my first year when I ate fewer daily carbs. I could stay up a little later and sleep in as late as an hour past sunrise. The past few days I've been ready to nod off by 10pm and I've awoken to the birds chirping at the crack of dawn. This morning that was before 6am. I'm not complaining. I've been sleeping great. I also managed to get a 7 mile walk in this morning and accomplished several chores before anyone else in the house stirred awake. I just find it interesting that eating VLC appears to have a significant, immediate effect on my circadian rhythm. As a carb eater I could easily stay up to 2am on fa Friday night and sleep in past 10am on Saturday. That pattern is not possible when I eat VLC.

Thud: about that meditation position... I tried to imagine myself doing that at 400+ pounds. It wasn't a pretty sight.
Sponsored Links