Old Wed, Jan-26-11, 14:50

Plan: RNY (small portions)
Stats: 306/233/120 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy867
Hi,
Well I am going to say hi too, I started back on Atkins on Aug. 1/10 and have lost about 18 pounds since then. I feel much better energy-wise, no swelling, but still having problems with my knees and feet which I hope will resolve. I like to swim for fitness as it doesn't hurt them. I have more than 150 pounds to lose to get back to my college days weight, which is my goal. I too am in this for the long haul. Have changed my thinking from "this is a diet" to "I am changing my diet, for good, to avoid carb dependency and damaging my health."

Just to update, as it is now January. I have now lost 41 pounds. I feel great. The weight loss slowed from the first whoosh of almost 20 pounds in 6 weeks to 10 pounds a month, and now a little over 5 pounds a month. But weight loss is continuing.

Health-wise some interesting things have resolved. My knees stopped bothering me in about November. My foot stopped hurting just after Christmas and I am glad to see healing there, because it really limited the things I could do. I am now shopping and doing my 3 hr. volunteer shift at the ER without pain.

And surprising to me was a shift in my digestion. I used to be very sensitive to caffeine and too much fibre, I would get the runs super easy, like only after one cup of regular brewed coffee. A month or two ago suddenly I was constipated! Something went clunk-clunk and shifted over in the digestion, because now I can have regular coffee, and use it to loosen up the works you might say--a cup or two in the mornings and I am fine. Wasn't that strange.

I have increased my exercise to swimming laps for a half hour three times a week. Now that my foot is better as I lose weight I want to shift more to biking and walking/running as the swimming is super bad for my hair. I can't find a rubber cap that will work for me.

I am still losing but hoping to find a way to decrease belly fat specifically. Any ideas?