#81   ^
Old Fri, Sep-15-06, 07:56
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%
Default Turkey or Chicken Chili

Demi reminded me to put these on this thread....Thanks Demi!!

These are my versions of the SBD recipes for this dish. They are legal of phase I and beyond. Feel free to play with the ingredients and make it your own.

Turkey Chili

1 lb lean ground turkey
1 large onion
1 green pepper chopped
1 clove garlic
1 large can of crushed tomatoes
1 large can of kidney beans
2-3 tbs of chili powder
1 tbs. cumin

saute the onions, peppers and garlic in a little olive oil. Brown and drain the meat. Throw it all together in your chili pot and simmer. Top w/ reduced fat cheddar cheese and fat free sour cream..

I used yellow and orange peppers as well and had some small cans of that spicy v8 juice and used them as well..

I also now add in other veggies to make it more veggies. cutup zucchini and mushrooms have been great!!!

Here's my other recipe for turkey or chicken chili:

Ingredients:
2 lbs ground chicken or turkey breast 99% fat free
1 14 oz can black beans
1 14 oz can red kidney beans
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes( I use Progresso)
6 garlic cloves
1 vidalia onion
1 each yellow red and orange peppers
2-3 jalapeno peppers
??-carrots
2 chopped zucchinis
1 lb sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup cilantro
1/4 cup oregano
1/3 cup chili powder
cayenne pepper to taste
crushed red pepper to taste

I used1 can black and 1 can red of 14 oz can of beans, and this time instead of hand chopping all the veggies, ie: onions, peppers, carrots, I used the mini chopper and made my life much easier. I think that chopping it this way also makes it cook better into the chili. Added in cilantro and oregano, lots of chili powder, cayenne pepper, 2 jalapeno peppers, 28 ounce can of crushed tomato, 6 garlic cloves, 2 lbs chopped chicken, 1 lb of sliced mushrooms and 2 chopped zucchini.

Here are cooking instructions for making this chili:
1- brown the meat first
2- chop and sautee togther in olive oil and fresh garlic cloves: 1 oinion, 2 jalapenos peppers, red, orange and yellow peppers.
3- while the veggies are sauteeing, I put into a large soup pot the browned meat, the cans of crushed tomato, and 2 different kinds of beans, 1/4 cup chili powder, 1/3 cup cilantro, crushed red pepper to taste, 1/3 cup oregano
4- when the veggies are finished sauteeing, about 15 m inutes, put everything into the soup pot and bring it to a boil slowly stirring it all up.
5- as its coming up to a boil, I put in 1 lb of sliced mushrooms and 2 chopped up zucchinis.
6- I allow this to cook at a slow boil and covered for about 1 hour, taste testing to add what it needs. I do use some Morton lite salt but not much at all.
7- my recipe changes each time I make it so please feel free to make it yours by adding or deleting your own items.

Enjoy!! This amount makes up a huge pot which I then freeze in 3 cup containers for 6 other meals!!