View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sat, May-27-17, 11:40

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Sorry, I can't figure out how to quote more than one post at once, so this will be first in a series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
Calianna, you must have the most interesting perspective on human behavior. Good luck with that!

I work the self-scan attendant's desk - oh-my-goodness, talk about human MISbehavior! Those registers are inherently slow (the information needs to bounce back and forth to the servers several times for each item scanned, since when you scan it, it first looks up the barcode and sends back the name and price of the item to be added to your order. Then you MUST put the item in the bagging area long enough for the server to confirm the item's weight before it will allow you to scan the next item (this prevents double-scanning the same item). If customers would simply listen to the disembodied voice of the register, read the directions on the screen, or at least look at the helpful pictures, soooo many typical self scan problems could be avoided.

But as far as what people are eating, it's so weird to see so many people buying their breakfast, lunch and maybe some snacks on their way to work. There's more than a few who buy a couple of donuts and/or a mega-muffin, a tiny container of fat free yogurt, and a Lean Cuisine - and the same ones do this every day on the way to work, so you know that's the food for their workday.