View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-31-18, 14:29

Plan: modified adkins (sort of)
Stats: 265/176/167 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Welcome back B! Glad to have you back with us.

Quote:
You tell people you're eating bacon and eggs every morning for breakfast and avoiding fruit and they almost always look at you crazy.

I noticed that the "you're crazy" looks tended to dissipate somewhat as I approached a healthy weight eating LCHF.

I suspect that, when one is still very much overweight, anyone hearing you say that you eat eggs and bacon every morning ASSUMES (wrongly) that it is the eggs and bacon every morning that GOT you overweight! And they don't understand WHY you don't start a "healthier" diet, maybe have oatmeal and raisens for breakfast; or a nice whole-grain pancake with maple syrup and oleo. After all, that's exactly what convention wisdom teaches.

They don't understand that eggs and bacon are going to help "cure" you. So, of course they think you're crazy!

If I were you, I just wouldn't tell anyone (outside of this board) exactly WHAT you eat until you've lost enough weight again that people start asking you what you're doing differently. Then you can tell them that you've CHANGED the way you eat... that you've stopped eating "healthy whole grains, etc." and started eating lots of fat and appropriate amounts of protein. And, if they still look at you like you're crazy, you can say that yes you KNOW it is against all conventional wisdom and sounds crazy but it's hard to argue with success!