View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 11:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/184/130 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Elora,

This doesn't sound right! Call your doctor. I, too, have PCOS, and have experienced occasional intense pain. Sometimes brought experienced with and without AF.

It turned out to be ruptured cysts on the ovaries. (PCOS) There's nothing really that can be done for them, but the do reccomend staying off feet and taking (real) pain meds.

As for conceiving - GO FOR IT! My DH and I went through infert. treatments two separate occasions. We have two beautiful children, and I would do it again in a heartbeat, but it was not a simple process.

I went on ovulation induction, and I had to have injectables (administered by DH) every evening, and bloodwork EVERY DAY during the cycle. And (thanks, PCOS) I hyperstimulated both times. This is a very common occurance in PCOS women.

If I had it to do all over again, and could choose diet over medication, I probably still would have tried the meds in this case. I was in a hurry, and I felt confident that they would work. I have nothing to be in a hurry about anymore, and that is why I am LCing now. I just want my body to function normally, and to be healthy and strong so that I can enjoy my two miracle babies.

Elizabeth2