#8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-04-07, 07:40

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 150/140/140 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolagina
I'm new to these boards.. It's good to see a PP community.
Welcome, I am glad to see you posting. Please continue.

Quote:
I've been doing PP since December 06 and have lost 45 lbs. I have another 55 lbs. to go.
Good for you! Now don’t let a slip up stop you. After you have read more posts at this site, you will find that a LOT of people have slip ups. The ones that quickly forget their going off plan and get back on plan do not have the weight gain that they would if they gave up because of even just one slip.

Quote:
Weekends can be tough as I tend to graze and eat more calories than I like... But keeping on track...
The biggest thing I can say about any low carb diet is, it is mostly an issue of mind control. That is you have to start thinking in a new way about food. In the thread linked below, is some advice from Dr. Mike Eades. I have included below a clip from a reply I made in that thread so you can read it easily. Please read the whole thread when you have time.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...ight=temptation

Quote:
I have an analogy about temptation. Its lesson is that you must learn what your irresistible temptations are, and then studiously avoid them. My (former) irresistible temptation was cookies. I was a true “cookie monster”. If there were cookies in the house I would nibble at them until they were all gone. It started in High School. The best place to study was the kitchen table. My mother made oatmeal/coconut cookies that were wonderful and were put in a jar on top of the refrigerator. After an hour or so (or less), they would call to me. So would get up and get one. Soon I would HAVE to have another. After a few one cookie trips, it was cutting into the studying so to be more efficient I would get two, or three, or ..... until I just moved the jar to the table. Two nights and it was empty!!

So when I started to grocery shop for myself and the family, I quickly learned that at home the cookies were still irresistible, as I had found out in High School. So the easiest way to keep from eating too many cookies was not to have any in the house. The way not to have them in the house was not to bring them home from the store. The way not to bring them home from the store was not to put them in the cart. The way not to have cookies put in the cart was not to go down the cookie isle!

I told this story once to a friend that was struggling with some temptations, and thus was born the expression DO NOT GO DOWN THE COOKIE ISLE! that we often used there after. We even expanded it to really great temptations by saying Do not go into the store that has a cookie isle. We even got to saying Do not drive down the street that has the store that has a cookie isle, or at least drive the other way.

We are surrounded by temptations. Both from the media trying to sell something that is not healthy to eat, or by family and friends that just are to brain washed by the media to know that the FDA food pyramid is REALLY not healthy. You must train your mind, thus it is largely a mind “game”, to resist and stick to a good healthy diet the rest of your life.