View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-08-15, 08:17

Plan: #DoingMyOwnThing
Stats: 235/201/135 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default What/When to Eat So I'm Not Dead After Zumba?

Hi all!

I do zumba classes (which is moderate-high intensity in my area, lots of jumping and squatting) for 1 hour 5x a week and am ready to fall over afterwards. I felt better after class a couple of weeks ago than I do now. Recently, I was taking a shower at the gym after class when my vision started to go black from the outside inwards (like tunnel vision closing in on it's self, but spotty) and I collapsed onto my knees and and had to keep my head down until it didn't feel so heavy and I could get back up. I get about 80oz. of water per day and take a water bottle to class, but I won't rule out dehydration for that particular incident. I don't count calories and don't starve myself, pretty much just eat when I'm hungry. Is there anything I can do to be less tired after zumba?

I'm perfectly fine *during* the class (except for some heartburn that's probably unrelated), it's only afterwards that I have this issue. 4/5 of the classes are at 6pm, so I'd expect some tiredness, but I'd just like to be able to walk without feeling like I'm going to fall over. The class does involve a warm-up and cool-down, if that's relevant.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links