View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-11, 07:45
NEVER GIVING UP!

Plan: no sugar/grains LCHF IF
Stats: 478/354/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:excessive!!
Progress: 45%

Just read the whole article and it reminded me why I dislike carbsane so much (apart from her often poor use of science). surely if you have a good argument scientifically, then it can stand on its own and you don't need to go around personally attacking every blogger who believes the thing that you're against - in this case low carb, high fat. I don't know any other credible blogger that I read who makes personal attacks on people. Even the campaign against Hope Warshaw was about the advice she gave and the science its based on, and not about her personally.

Everything she wrote about Jimmy, she got from his own writings - so he's hardly hiding it. Yes he may not have realised that calories can count - Gary Taubes admits this. And he may also have psychological issues around food.

I don't know any LC blogger who thinks that the food is the only factor in obesity. There are other things involved, particularly psychological and emotional issues around food and metabolic damage. As a previous poster said, there's still so much we don't know about obesity. But a good start is to get the food right, and hopefully we can eventually figure out the rest.

Lee