View Single Post
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Aug-22-17, 10:28

Plan: ≤ 20 carbs & IF
Stats: 292/235/170 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

Thanks all for the words of encouragement. I try to do a little online reading about my low carb diet and weight loss each day and I've added a couple things to my regimen.

I read that soaking in a hot bath before bedtime can help you lose weight, lower your BG and help you to sleep more soundly. I also started taking a small amount of ACV with water before bedtime which is reported to help a lot of things including edema.

Also I have adopted the "no eating anything after 8pm" idea. Even if I get hungry, I just put it out of my mind and go take my hot bath

I also discovered a new thing by accident. I had to take my dog to the vet yesterday and had to run some other errands and I'd skipped breakfast because I woke up late, but I really wasn't hungry anyway, but by noon I was starving. By the time I got home with the dog I was running late for another appointment and no time to fix anything so I just grabbed a couple slices thin roast beef and crammed them in my mouth and ran back out. 30 minutes later I was not hungry at all and felt like I'd had a full lunch & didn't get hungry again until dinner time. Cool.

I guess the moral of the story is you don't have to eat a full meal just because you feel like you are starving. (All I ate yesterday were those two slices and one bowl of low carb broccoli cheese soup which filled me up for dinner).

Lastly, this morning I weighed myself and I'm out of the 270's and into the 260's! I was 268.8 this morning! Seems odd, but I'll take it!