View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 09:26

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

Thank you for your input, rosarugosa! I would also love to hear from others, especially regarding the possible hidden ingredients in this stuff. The label does not list the complete ingredients. It must have water or glycerine in it, right? Yet it doesn't list it.

I read a thread int he low carb general forum yesterday that says some people are sensitive to glycerine, so perhaps this is why I got a headache?

Yes, I live in an area heavily populated with health food stores, and have seen many brands of the stevia. (Thankful for all the choices I have of where to purchase these oddball items. ) The one I purchased was the Sweet Leaf liquid drops in the 2 oz bottle from Whole Foods. The lady there recommended that brand, saying that most of their customers preferred it, so I figured I would try that one. Plus it was actually 50 cents cheaper.

I think it's great that stevia works well for others, but for me, I guess it just doesn't make sense. If in the beginning I am not fond of it, I personally don't need a sweet flavor in my tea bad enough to keep using it until I acquire a taste for it, if you get what I mean. To me, if it tastes good when I first try it, then I see value in it. Otherwise, none.

If I don't like it now, or don't realize the sweetness it purports to lend, and if it gives me headaches, what value can I possibly find it in the future?

I'm really happy that you and others have found stevia to be a nice addition to your food choices--too bad I'm such a dork that I can't even taste the sweet in it! And I got a couple of headaches to boot! BTW, have not had a headache since stopping using the stevia, and I truly believe THAT was indeed what gave me the headache (not the $14 wasted on it ).