#5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 12:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 201/190/130
BF:
Progress: 15%
Smile Curves Member

I've ben a member for about 9 months (off & on) in Reno, NV. It gives me a lot of energy in the morning. I go when they open (here) at 6 a.m. and I'm home by 6:40ish. I like it because; it gets your heart beat going without making you drown in your own sweat, I can look awful and not worry about there being any guys there & I don't really care what the women there think of me at 6 a.m. (side note none of them look like the Cindy Crawfords that I use to dread being in the same room as at other gyms), cheap (I signed up for 1 year automatic withdrawl and it costs me $29 a month and a one time $20 joining fee—note: I did sign a 1 year contract though- I know you can go mo-mo but I’m sure mo-mo could not have been more than $40 at most), quick-- in and out in under 45 min. (workout is 30 but I stretch and do situps after), upbeat music to keep you going, it's 1/4 mile from my house & friendly staff (atleast here).

There are now 2 in Reno but the one I go to is open M-F 6a.m-7p.m. (good hours for me because I will only get my butt to the gym in the morning). He, he, he......gotta laugh, I am a banker so I guess the hours work for me. However, each curves has different hours--depending when they want to be open. The 2 Reno ones are different hours.

They weigh/ measure you once a month to track your progress and you sign in each time you come in to track your own attendance.

The drill is that there are fitness/ light weight machines (that focus on everything from your arms down to your calves) alternated with run/ walk in place stations. Every 15 or 30 (not sure) seconds you switch stations --rotating in a circle (3 circles= 30 minute curves workout). Anywho that’s my f.y.i. on curves. Here are a couple of web sites for you to check out on curves:

http://www.curvesforwomen.com

http://www.ut-biz.com/curvesforwomen/

Amy