View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Mar-05-17, 16:57
Registered Member

Plan: Loosely Atkins Diet
Stats: 272/253/220 Male 73"
BF:
Progress: 37%

Actually, looking at the noodles I picked up at the Asian Market, they are called Tofu Shirataki, and actually are just made up of soybeans and yams. 1 net carb per bag. The Miracle Noodles seem to be made of Konjac flour. Not sure what that is about, but need to try them to see if they taste the same, worse, or better.

Let me know about the cornbeef and cabbage. I have never had it, but may save it for going out to an Irish Pub on St Patty's Day so I can pretend I am splurging trying an authentic Irish dish/pub food, but actually still staying low carb. May have to find a bar that serves Michelob Ultra or Budweiser Select though.

BTW, I do have Psyllium Powder, but thought I would give Xanthan gum a shot since a lot of low carb recipes use it and it is preferred for anything that will be frozen, as it doesn't lose its thickening properties when frozen like cornstarch, but didn't know Psyllium Powders reaction to freezing. I just did some research and it appears it is used in frozen desserts, so now I know.

Thanks again for the info and good luck with your cooking.