View Single Post
  #100   ^
Old Tue, Nov-01-16, 17:51

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

So gals, interesting discussion of what one should have for a treat night. My answer is anything one darn wants. On my 6/1 plan a treat meal deffo doesn't mean a high carb veggie! The whole purpose of a treat night for me is to be able to enjoy something I wouldn't be able to the other 6 days a week, IOW, bread, potatoes, pasta or rice. Have never had much of a yen for the sweet stuff, so it will rarely be a dessert as well, or at all. But then, I know my fave white foods turn to sugar the minute they hit the system.

We are all so different and our bodies react differently to what we eat, which is of course why we do it our way. I don't have cravings after a treat night---well at least not more than I do any other day and sometimes less. In fact, after a treat night, I feel shored up to get back on plan. The caveat is too many treat nights, that's a problem, and that's called carb creep.

As I've said, I'm not in losing mode now, although if that happened I'd be delighted. I'm in "not one more pound" from my low mode, and so far so good on my 6/1 plan. I will re-evaluate after the holidays.

Jaz---Sack him. Ha! See how fast I can go from "he deserves another chance" to walk away Renee?! Yeah, two times in a row, and so cavalier about it too. Bye bye Mr. not so big when it comes to simply being polite. If he can't do that, like you said, hate to think of what else he can't pull off.

Hubs is on his way out for the night, but I put in a request for him to e-mail me his Mexican meat ball soup. When I get it, I'll pass it on to you. SO GOOD.

Trig---Seriously, a big guy bunny?! Oh my.

Yeah, it is the social situations that are particularly hard. But girl, you do SO WELL at it. Sometimes I just can't believe HOW well you do surrounded by those darlin' carb hounds, the pork chop and the kiddo. Man, if you counted how many times you've said no vs. yes, I think we'd have starting to call you Rocky. Da da da, DA DA---here the music in your head. You've done good gal. DO NOT forget, you've lost a lot of weight and kept off most of it. AND, you're only miserable doing it now and then. Not bad.

Nic---I have no doubt you'll set up a plan that works to keep that weight off. Hey, I've seen your before and after, and the after is happier, lighter, healthier, and who I think you NOW identify with. No worries for you.

Yes, my hubby is a sweet and giving guy. Thanx for noticing and mentioning. What I think maybe I haven't mentioned so much, is how darn funny he is. He makes me laugh all the time. Besides his spaghetti, that's the other reason I married him. Hey, he can also be a stubborn, crabby, "neeeeeener man", and generally as irritating as any other guy. But then I can be as irritating as any other gal too, oh yes I can. It all works for us, and I feel so blessed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another day on plan soon due to be turned in. Did have a moment. Was perusing the fridge today, looking for a bite of something. And THERE was the left over macaroni and cheese. Cue the scary music…carb home invader!

I opened it, I grabbed a fork, I had two shells, stone cold. I had that "what the heck thought." How much will it matter. Why not heat up a bit and enjoy, as it won't be here again for a long time.

But then---cue Rocky music---honest to God, I thought of Trig and all the times she's fought back, clawed and crawled and scratched back. And I thought, man, if she can do it, so can I. Hugs to Trigger. Our woes might be different, but STILL after all these years, you inspire me.

AND, guess what? Tomorrow is Wednesday already. Just 4 more days till treat night. I can wait. Thank you 6/1 girdle. For now, working just the way I hoped it would.