View Single Post
  #97   ^
Old Mon, Jul-20-15, 19:21

Plan: HFLC
Stats: 197/168/157 Female 5 ft 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

Not much new here except watching the corn grow. The hot weather is working it's magic. The other exciting thing going on this week is Ragbrai Register's Annual Great Bike Ride across Iowa.I never heard of this before moving here. It is a 6 day bicycle ride from the Missouri River to the Mississippi river. Each year it goes on a different route across the state. For some people it is a big drunken party. For some it is a physical challenge. For the communities that it goes through it is a chance for lots of groups to make money selling pies and other things to the riders. I have only witnessed it one time. The only time that it has come through Grinnell I left town. It creates crowds and traffic and trash. I guess there were lots of people camped in our neighborhood since we are a block from the high school which was a campground.

The other thing is that the politicians are here in full force. I think all of the candidates from both parties were in Iowa last weekend. I find this lots of fun and go to see them whenever I get a chance. I shook hands with Barack Obama way back in June or July 2007. I also talked to John Edwards and Eliabeth (RIP). I stood for hours to see Obama 2 more times. For some reasons the republicans do not come to Grinnell, but I usually get to see a few of them at the state fair.

My new room and bath are painted. I picked a pale aqua with a darker aqua for the bathroom. I bought a shelf/towel holder for the bathroom that is copper colored. I love copper and teal so that is why I picked those colors. I thought I was doing something unique. Then later I saw online that teal, about as dark as what I have in the bathroom is one of the most trendy colors for 2015. Dang, I hate being trendy.

Yesterday I was up 2 pounds, today I am down a bit. Not much to report there. Blue and Kathy you are both doing great.

Later....